Positions at the Legal Services Center represent a unique opportunity to work within Harvard Law School’s clinical program, to join a dynamic public interest and clinical teaching law office, and practice in burgeoning areas of state and national importance.
- Staff Attorney, Veterans Legal Clinic – The Legal Services Center of Harvard Law School is seeking an attorney to fill a six-month Staff Attorney position in our Veterans Legal Clinic. The Staff Attorney will focus primarily on representing veterans with bad paper, and we are especially looking for candidates with prior experience in veterans law or civil legal services. Please note that because Harvard Law School is operating remotely throughout the fall semester, it is not necessary for the attorney to live in the Greater Boston area during this term appointment. Additionally, while this is posted as a full-time position, we are open to considering part-time (17.5 – 30 hours) based on candidate availability and a mutually agreed upon schedule. Read the full position description and apply here.
Unless indicated otherwise in a posting, applicants must apply for open positions via the Harvard University employment website.
The Legal Services Center has a variety of volunteer opportunities for individuals who are interested in serving the community and contributing to our public service mission. We especially welcome volunteer applicants with experience and interest in the following areas:
- translating legal education materials into Spanish, Haitian-Creole, and other languages
- medical professionals (doctors, nurse practitioners, psychologists, mental health specialists, and others) who can help review medical records for cases on behalf of disabled veterans and others seeking disability benefits
- graphic design, web design, communications, and development
- photography, filmmaking, and videography
- administrative tasks, such as photocopying, scanning, and organizing case files
- any other skill-set or idea that can help contribute to our mission of providing passionate legal advocacy to low-income communities
For more information about volunteer opportunities, please call us at 617-522-3003 and ask to speak to our volunteer coordinator. You can also send email inquiries about volunteer opportunities to email@example.com.
The Legal Services Center welcomes applications from graduating law students and those completing judicial clerkships who are interested in sponsorship for a public interest fellowship. LSC has a strong track record of successfully sponsoring applicants for public interest fellowships. To apply for sponsorship, please send a resume and email expressing interest to LSC Faculty Director Daniel Nagin at dnagin[at]law.harvard.edu. We encourage potential applicants to contact us as early as possible in the fellowship cycle process. Decisions about sponsorships are made on a rolling basis.
In most years, the Legal Services Center actively seeks to sponsor applicants for a variety of fellowships, including the Skadden Foundation Fellowship, the Equal Justice Works Fellowship, the ABA Tax Section Christine A. Brunswick Public Service Fellowship, and other foundation and law-school based fellowships. Our subject-area interests for sponsorship are wide ranging and include consumer, tax, veterans, disability and safety net programs, housing and family law.
The Legal Services Center has an ongoing commitment to studying public interest lawyering, the provision of legal services, and the role of legal advocacy in combating poverty and disenfranchisement. Please contact Anna Pierce, Director of Administration, if you have a query about a potential research collaboration.